Friday, July 23, 2010

To Move or Not to Move

Brent and I have been in L.A. for about 2 years. We have a charming little one bedroom apartment with wooden floors, colored tiles in the kitchen and bathroom, plus a we can walk to downtown Culver City and Brent walks to work everyday.
I was recently offered an opportunity to manage a 16 unit apartment complex about a 10 minute drive away from our current apartment. The complex is in West L.A. The advantages are a dishwasher (first time in our married life to have one of these puppies), two bedrooms, and a considerable reduction in rent. The disadvantages are a newly opened skateboard park right in front of the complex (this is Cali and every boy skateboards!), the apartment lacks the unique edge our current place has, and my time would not be my own. I would be expected to be on call 24/7.
I managed apartments when I was at Oklahoma State. I know I can do it, yes it will be challenging with a newborn and all but most of us are capable of a lot more than we give ourselves credit. On the other hand, I am totally fine with creating a little baby nook in our 1 bedroom apartment and staying here. I know people all over the world make a one bedroom work with a baby.
We believe God gave us this opportunity but after really looking at it we seem to not be as excited as we should be. We ask then why did God put this in front of us? What is he trying to teach us? Is this in line with our goals and his plan for our lives?
Let us know your thoughts. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...