What a fun time we all had with Marmee and Grandee! They came to visit, Marmee for a week and Grandee for a few days. Here are some pics of our time together. Baby G is so blessed to have family here to bond with during his first weeks out of the womb.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Day 22 - frisbee golf mobile that Grandee made
Day 23 - sweet blanket hand made by Marmee
Day 24 - green feet from foot molding craft
Day 25 - 1st time to small group
Day 26 - 1st time in Moby wrap - slept the whole time
Day 27 - 1st bath after cord fell off - just a little crying but not bad
Day 28 - sleeping with pop or playing possum :)
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Only 4 weeks have gone by but we have learned so much about you. We could never express the gratefulness we feel for God giving us you. We pray for you and hope we are able to raise you well. You have already brought us so many laughs and fun memories. We really like being your mom and pop.
A few things that we or others have noticed about you...
- When the Dr. pulled you out of mommy he said you look like a "little toddler"
- You have big hands and some think you will be a good piano player
- You are almost the length of 2 footlong Subway sandwiches. Our guess is you will be tall. Your name Grant means "a great man; tall"
- Your hair color is a bit deceiving. It is almost like you are a chameleon. Is it red, or blonde, or brown or strawberry blonde???
- Dark blue is your eye color but mommy thinks it will change to brown or hazel
- Your skin is beautiful. You have a very nice pink tone which turns very red when you are upset.
- Big feet and long toes like daddy (tree frog toes is what Gramie calls them)
- Very serious - you furrow your brow at us quite often
- You have tracked very well with your eyes since day one
- Chubby cheeks
- Many people say you look like daddy
- You rolled over in your first week (back to tummy) then you did it again your forth week
- You are a multiple sneezer
- You really like to grunt sometimes :)
- Umbilical cord stump fell off at 3 weeks and 3 days old
- Perfectly shaped head which looks super cute in hats
- You like to ponder and stare, we like to imagine what you are thinking
- Great first well baby check
- When it is time to eat you are ready to eat! Just like mom and dad you love you some grub
- You have just started to smile when you are fading off to sleep
- Daddy calls you Houdini cause you bust out of your swaddle
Day 15 - Sleepy face
Day 16 - Friends visiting Grant
Day 17 - Daddy always wears a burp cloth! You never know when it might happen.
Day 18 - Marmee is here!
Day 19 - Grandee!
Day 20 - Ducky
Day 21 - Our little Thinker (First Christmas Play at Mosaic in Pasadena)
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Day 8 - 1st time out to a restaurant (La Dijonaise)
Day 9 - Tummy time on quilt made by Annette
Day 9 - Tummy time on quilt made by Annette
Day 10 - Bath time with Poppy
Day 11 - 1st time to see himself in a mirror (Getty Villa)
Day 12 - 1st Thankgiving
Day 13 - 1st Iron Bowl cheering on the Tigers!
Day 14 - Lil Sailor
Saturday, November 27, 2010
We thought it would be cool to post a pic a day for the first 100 days of G's life. I'm not sure if I will be able to post everyday but after a hundred days there should be 100 pictures on this blog.
Day 1 - Dad cutting the umbilical cord
Day 2 - Snuggling with Mom
Day 3 - "The Claw" his arm had a diaper around it to protect his hep-lock for his IV
Day 4 - We looked over at his crib and saw his staring back at us
Day 5 - First day at home in his own crib. He looks so tiny!
Day 6 - Playing with Dad
Day 7 - Family pic at his meet and greet
Monday, November 22, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Here are some recent pics of "the bump" and us!
35 weeks - Prepared Childbirth Class
36 weeks - Friend's 3rd B-day Party
36 weeks - Swimming at the "Y"
37 weeks - Lunch date with Brent
38 weeks - walk on the coast
This question has been on my mind for a while now. I have not really had a dilemma about how am I going to do things while pregnant although a few things have been obstacles to overcome. A few examples would be bending over to roll up my jeans, preventing 'the belly' from getting burned while cooking something on the stove, and learning how to sleep on my side with 3 pillows. Gladly, I can say I have mastered all these potential issues.
Now comes the question of how am I going to do certain things while having an infant at my side.
Some of the things I question are:
- How will I take a shower? Do I just leave my little bundle of joy by himself???
- How will I go to the bathroom at say Target? The cart with the car seat in it will not fit in the stall. How can I leave my baby in the sink area - someone might grab him!
- How will I do the laundry? In our apartment complex the laundry room is outside and about 2 doors down. This means to do a load of laundry I would have to carry the baby while holding the laundry basket and detergent at the same time or leave the baby in the apartment alone!!??? Yicks!
- How will I exercise? I can't leave him on the side of the pool in the car seat while I do a few laps. Ugh!
- How am I going to get him in the sling by myself???
- What about when I need to run into the bank for just a moment? I have a feeling my life is going to slow down quite a bit.
I know all this may seem crazy to you seasoned moms out there but they truly are concerns I have. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. :)
I made a playlist for our little sweet pea. I did quite a bit of research for songs that were really meaningful and good for a baby boy. Here is what I came up with:
- Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) - Dixie Chicks - Home
- Anything Like Me - Brad Paisley - American Saturday Night (Bonus Track Version)
- Beautiful Boy - Ben Harper - Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur
- Forever Young - Bob Dylan - Planet Waves
- Ordinary Miracle - Sarah McLachlan - Charlotte's Web (Music from the Motion Picture)
- Sweet Thing - Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
- Brahms Lullaby - Lullabies and Children's Songs Canon In D - Lullabies and Children's Songs
- Amazing Grace - Lullabies and Children's Songs
- Hush Little Baby / Rock-a-Bye Baby (Instrumental) - Fred Mollin - Disney's Lullaby Album, Vol. 2
- Somewhere Out There (Instrumental) - Fred Mollin - Disney's Lullaby Album, Vol. 2
If you made a playlist for your baby what songs did or would you include?
Brent and I went with the "Bun in the Oven" theme with a little twist. I was a cupcake box, he was the baker and baby was the cupcake. Our bakery was called, "Baby Cakes Bakery!" Cupcakes are all the rage right now so we thought it would be a fun theme.