What a fun time we all had with Marmee and Grandee! They came to visit, Marmee for a week and Grandee for a few days. Here are some pics of our time together. Baby G is so blessed to have family here to bond with during his first weeks out of the womb.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Day 22 - frisbee golf mobile that Grandee made
Day 23 - sweet blanket hand made by Marmee
Day 24 - green feet from foot molding craft
Day 25 - 1st time to small group
Day 26 - 1st time in Moby wrap - slept the whole time
Day 27 - 1st bath after cord fell off - just a little crying but not bad
Day 28 - sleeping with pop or playing possum :)
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Only 4 weeks have gone by but we have learned so much about you. We could never express the gratefulness we feel for God giving us you. We pray for you and hope we are able to raise you well. You have already brought us so many laughs and fun memories. We really like being your mom and pop.
A few things that we or others have noticed about you...
- When the Dr. pulled you out of mommy he said you look like a "little toddler"
- You have big hands and some think you will be a good piano player
- You are almost the length of 2 footlong Subway sandwiches. Our guess is you will be tall. Your name Grant means "a great man; tall"
- Your hair color is a bit deceiving. It is almost like you are a chameleon. Is it red, or blonde, or brown or strawberry blonde???
- Dark blue is your eye color but mommy thinks it will change to brown or hazel
- Your skin is beautiful. You have a very nice pink tone which turns very red when you are upset.
- Big feet and long toes like daddy (tree frog toes is what Gramie calls them)
- Very serious - you furrow your brow at us quite often
- You have tracked very well with your eyes since day one
- Chubby cheeks
- Many people say you look like daddy
- You rolled over in your first week (back to tummy) then you did it again your forth week
- You are a multiple sneezer
- You really like to grunt sometimes :)
- Umbilical cord stump fell off at 3 weeks and 3 days old
- Perfectly shaped head which looks super cute in hats
- You like to ponder and stare, we like to imagine what you are thinking
- Great first well baby check
- When it is time to eat you are ready to eat! Just like mom and dad you love you some grub
- You have just started to smile when you are fading off to sleep
- Daddy calls you Houdini cause you bust out of your swaddle
Day 15 - Sleepy face
Day 16 - Friends visiting Grant
Day 17 - Daddy always wears a burp cloth! You never know when it might happen.
Day 18 - Marmee is here!
Day 19 - Grandee!
Day 20 - Ducky
Day 21 - Our little Thinker (First Christmas Play at Mosaic in Pasadena)