I want to make life easier and more simply. I desire to get rid of clutter and objects that clog up my time, space, and life.
I wish for simplicity. Here are a few tasks that I'm going to start off with:
- Clean out my Facebook Friends page.
- De-clutter the junk drawer and my personal drawer in the hall.- It is really scary.
- Sell some unused books and perhaps my old guitar.
- Scan old documents into Evernote and shred them.
Let's start with #2 tonight.
These are items that I'll keep for now.
Items that I'm Keeping:
- Old Journals
- Plastic bags of foreign currency
- Old Dell laptop, cords, and Microsoft CD's (I'd throw it away, but there is a lot of personal info on that old clunker.
- Old Pictures
- Chinese language tapes and CD
- Old Walk-Man (hey you never know when they'll be cool again right?)
- Coin wraps for when my money pigs get full.
- Check books
- Old class ring of my wife's (why is that in my drawer again?)
Items Headed to the Trash Heap:
- Assorted headphones and power cords
- An award from an old job
- I-phone cover
- Watch instructions
- Empty ring cases from our wedding bands
- Old pair of glasses and case
- Old broken LG phone
I'll give away this book on FPU kit on my financial blog
Pile of letters from my wife I'll scan into Evernote
I got rid of a few items, but it's only a beginning of more to come.
Action: What can you simplify this year? What can you cut out give you a happier and more simple life?