Tuesday, December 6, 2011

G's Birthday Prep

It has already been one year since little G arrived on this planet.  I wanted to share with you some of the details of his birthday.  The theme was green (the color).  A few years back I saw some pictures of a kid's yellow birthday party.  Everyone wore a shade of yellow and there were yellow balloons everywhere; it was festive to say the least.  I wanted to create something similar for G.

We used evite.com for his invitation.  I REALLY wanted to design an original invite but we chose to go with evite due to the fact that we could communicate to guests and keep up with RSVP's very easily.
Here is what the evite looked like:


We were planning to have the party at a park but due to a forecast of rain we moved it to a local library.  It was a great find that I feel God gave us as a special gift.  The room where we had the party over looked a marina.  Sailboats and yachts galore!  But I have not even mentioned the BEST part of the birthday weekend.  

My parents flew in to surprise us and celebrate G's first birthday.  Their plan was to casually walk up to the party at the park.  Since they arrived Friday evening and the party was not until Saturday mid-morning they decided to stop by our place and reveal their scheming early.  I am so thankful they did...my mom helped me finish up sewing the birthday banner while I started on the cupcakes.  If they had not arrived I'm afraid we would have been up all night.

My sewing machine did most of the work for the "Happy Birthday" flag banner.  To make the banner I used this seemommysew tutorial.  For the application of the letters, I used hot glue.  My mom sewed on a small rope to the top to hold it all together.     






I made homemade "green" velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  Green food coloring replaced the traditional red.  I created different shades of green for the batter and frosting with varying drops of food coloring.  My mother in law makes the best red velvet cupcakes, I used her recipe.  She was super sad she couldn't make it to the party, but her cupcakes were there.  


Be on the look out for the party pics coming soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...