Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm Reading the Potato Peel Pie Book

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows


It has taken me a while to get into this book but I think I like it finally at page 45.  It is all letters, which was a huge turn off at first but I am getting into it now.  It is set in 1946 post World War 2 in occupied Germany.  The main character, Juliet, is around my age, single and a successful author.
Looking forward to evenings to come where I can curl up with a spot of tea and enjoy this little dandy.  A part of my day that I really look forward to.  If you will remember I'm somewhat new to reading for fun.
This book makes me miss writing and receiving old fashioned letters.  Anybody want to be pen pals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...