We are part of a church called Mosaic which is just what we think church should be. It is innovative, creative, and open to all. Every Wednesday we meet with a married couples small group. The people in this group rock and have become like family to us. We are also huge fans of Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace University. We have facilitated several classes since we have lived in L.A. and there is nothing like seeing people gain control of their money, pay off debt, and start winning financially.
As far as how we pay the bills, Brent works for a company called CLP Resources in which he is a recruiter for the construction industry. But his real passion is Financial Coaching. He has started his own business on nights and weekends. Check out his blog. Franci worked in the corporate world for a while but realized it is not the place for her. So she pursued a long time desire to learn graphic design. She took a Photoshop class and the rest is history. Take a peek at her blog. This has been a dream come true because she gets to work from home and do something she really enjoys.
As far as our day to day life goes:
- We like to take walks
- Work out or swim at the Y
- We cook dinner every night except Saturday
- Saturday night is usually always date night :)
- Grabbing coffee at Peet's and going to garage sales is a weekend treat
- We live on a budget and really try hard to never spend anything that is not on the budget
- We like writing down goals for our future
- We miss our families, but are thankful for the way technology makes it so easy to communicate
- Exploring areas of Southern California is one of our hobbies
- We use Yelp for every out-to-eat choice, we heart good food and L.A. has a ton of variety
- We try to eat one meal a week without meat
- We believe in celebrating even the small stuff, so we are always planning a party or celebration
Thanks for reading!